Randomly picked publications from the JFS group
5) I. Aprahamian, O. Š. Miljanic, W. R. Dichtel, K. Isoda, T. Yasuda, T. Kato, J. F. Stoddart, "Clicked Interlocked Molecules", Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 2007, 80, 1856–1869.
4) I. Aprahamian, T. Yasuda, T. Ikeda, S. Saha, W. R. Dichtel, K. Isoda, T. Kato, J. F. Stoddart, "A
Liquid Crystalline Bistable Rotaxane", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 4675–4679.
3) T. Ikeda, I. Aprahamian, J. F. Stoddart, "The
Blue-Colored Donor-Acceptor Rotaxane", Org. Lett. 2007, 9, 1481–1484.
2) I. Aprahamian, W. R. Dichtel, T. Ikeda, J. R. Heath, J. F. Stoddart, "A
Clicked Bistable Rotaxane", Org. Lett. 2007, 9, 1287–1290.
1) S. Nygaard, K. C.-F. Leung, I. Aprahamian, T. Ikeda, S. Saha, B. W. Laursen, S.-Y Kim, S. W. Hansen, P. C. Stein, A. H. Flood, J. F. Stoddart, J. O. Jeppesen, "Functionally
Rigid Bistable Rotaxanes", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 960–970.
I was born in Jerusalem,
Israel, and lived most of my
life in the Armenian
Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem. After graduating from St. Tarkmanchatz high school I
attended The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI) and received a
BSc degree in Chemistry in 1998.
In 1999 I started perusing a MSc degree in Organic
Chemistry under the supervision of Professor Mordecai Rabinovitz
and Professor Tuvia
Sheradsky and in 2000 I was accepted to the Ph.D direct track program which
I finished in 2005. My PhD thesis focused on the alkali
metal reduction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), with emphasis
on non-planar PAHs, and the characterization of the obtained anions using NMR
spectroscopy. In July 2005, I joined the group of Professor J Fraser Stoddart, in UCLA, as a postdoctoral scholar.
In my free time I enjoy reading – philosophy,
history, physics and mathematics – listening to music, relaxing and smoking a
good cigar. From time
to time I also try to take over the world (CIV4).