2008 Graduate Student at Northwestern University
2006-2007 University of California, Irvine Visiting scholar,
advisor: Prof. James. S. Nowick
2002-2006 Husein Ebrahim Jamal Research Institute of Chemistry (HEJRIC)
M. Phil / Ph. D. Program, Organic Chemistry
Advisor: Prof. Khalid M. Khan
2002-2003 University of Karachi, Pakistan
M. Sc., Organic Chemistry
1999-2001 University of Karachi, Pakistan
B.Sc. Honors, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Botany
1.“Nanometer-Sized Amino Acids for the Synthesis of Nanometer-Scale Water-Soluble Molecular Rods of Precise Length” Chris M. Gothard, Nosheen A. Rao, and James S. Nowick, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2007, 129(23), 7272-7273.
2. Synthesis and in vitro inhibitory potential towards urease of 9-anilino acridines and acridinyl hydrazides; K. M. Khan, N. A. Rao, M. A. Lodhi, S. Perveen, M. I chaodhary, and M. Voelter, Letters in Drug Design and Discovery, 2007, 4, 114-121.
3. Facile, economical and direct synthesis of 9-anilinoacridines; Khalid M. Khan, Nosheen A. Rao, Zia-Ullah, Muhammad Ali, Shahnaz Perveen, Muhammad Iqbal Chaudhary, Atta-Ur-Rahman, and Wolfgang Voelter, Natural Product Research, 2007, 21(13) , 1187-1190.
4. Effects of skeletal modifications of ciprofloxacin on antibacterial, antifungal and cytotoxic activities; Rakhshinda Siddiqui, Najma Sultana, Khalid Mohammed Khan, Nosheen Akbar, Muhammad Ali, and Saeed Arayne, Journal of Chinese Clinical Medicine, 2007, 2(4) , 188-195.
5. Identification of acridinyl hydrazides as potent aspartic protease inhibitors; M. Kamran Azim, Waseem Ahmed, Ishtiaq A. Khan, Nosheen A. Rao and Khalid M. Khan, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2008, 18, 3011-3015.
6. Facile, economical and direct synthesis of 9-anilinoacridines; Khalid M. Khan, Nosheen A. Rao, Zia-Ullah, Muhammad Ali, Shahnaz Perveen, Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary, Atta-Ur-Rahman, Wolfgang Voelter, Natural Product Research, 2009, 23(1) , 5-9.